Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lets do something to help the birds in the gulf


Doesn't it break your heart when you see the pictures on tv? I can hardly stand it when they show the birds all covered in oil. I wonder why more isn't more being done? Maybe I am not getting the full story on the news, seems like 'they' must be doing more than it sounds like.

I want to do something to help the people/organizations, in the gulf that are helping these poor helpless beings. I will donate 25% of the purchase price to either a bird sanctuary or other group that is actually helping find the birds and clean them up from the oil. The Pendant has a bird wing on the front, and it says "Protect Me" on the back. PROTECT ME, and isn't that what we will be doing when we help get them cleaned off of oil and re-released somewhere safe. Some might say it looks like an angel wing, and believe me, from what I can see, these creatures need all the angels they can get. It is sterling silver, and the price is only $38.00. That means that $9.50 will go to help for every pendant you buy. Show your friends and get them to join in and help the sanctuaries that are helping the birds/turtles, etc. in the gulf. Its not a big thing, but it is something!!! We need to do something!! I have to turn the tv off I get so hysterical some times watching what is going on. This is a small thing, but it is something that I can do and I hope you agree with me and will join in. The Pendant info is here.

1 comment:

Lise said...

Hi there - Just wanted you to know that I've shared your blog with all the members of http://www.midchix.com. The link is posted on the "Wire" (like FB's Wall), and in the Animal Lovers Flock/Forum. Good luck to you! I'll be ordering soon.