Sunday, August 15, 2010

2 days in Panama City


I spent 2 days last week in Panama City, and that is not the one in Florida. As always it was very hot which is why I only go there when completely necessary. I take taxi's everywhere I must go because, believe you me, you don't want to drive here. It is quite different than the states. They have their own rules, but they all seem to know them so it works out.

I went to the American Embassy, which is my first time ever to any embassy. I wanted to take pictures but the security at the entrance was so tight (tighter than the airports!) that they kept my camera, cell phone, keys, phone charger!, and water bottle, and returned them to me on my way out. So I could not get any pictures. It was very cool though, a new building and very efficient. I was in and out in about 45 minutes, which in Panama is unusual and a very good thing!

No comments: